Pages

Translate

Friday 14 April 2017

Orange Scented French Toast | Book of Elsa


To anyone familiar with my Instagram these are no surprise: I adore french toast. Most of the time I can only make them on saturdays when I have time to let the custard soak into the bread  and cook in butter low and slow, like. I'm salivating just thinking about it. This orange scented version is extra special and I hope you try it. However, the orange flavoured syrup showed on the picture above is not very good and I would not even think of giving you the recipe until it's perfect so I'd suggest you have greek yoghurt with.


Ingredients:
2 eggs
2 tbsp caster sugar
pinch of ground cinnamon
zest of an orange
60ml milk
sliced bread
butter

Method:
In a shallow bowl wide enough to take the bread, whisk together the eggs, caster sgar, cinnamon, orange zest and milk. 
Soak the bread in this custard for about 2 minutes a side. 
Fry in melted butter on low to medium heat for about 4 minutes a side.
Eat. Serves 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment